Two posts within 24 hours – you lucky ducks!
This past Sunday was a relaxing day. I spent it with my favorite boy cleaning his apartment, cooking lunch, dinner & even dessert! We went thrifting on Saturday and I scored this cute little cookbook called “101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker” by Janet Eyring & Stephanie Ashcraft for $1.00. Schwing! The recipes are all super simple which I like because it leaves a lot of room for adding my own little spin on them. Plus, who doesn’t love a delicious crock-pot recipe?! Crazy people, that’s who.
The recipe i’m going to share with you all is called Pineapple Chicken – simple enough. It’s delicious with some oriental vegetables & brown rice. I opted for a frozen vegetable mix with water chestnuts, snap peas, green beans, carrots, red peppers & onions. The pineapple chicken alone would probably taste delicious on some Hawaiian bread, or potato bread even – something a little sweeter!
Crock-Pot Pineapple Chicken
Serves: 4-6 Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 6-7 Hours Low
- 1-1.5 LB Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used 1 package of chicken breasts, which had 3 large chicken breasts)
- 1/4 TSP Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
- 1/8 TSP Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 Can Pineapple Tidbits (20 OZ), Juice Included
- 2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 3-4 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 TSP Minced Garlic
- Grease a 3.5 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine spices & sprinkle over chicken breasts. Place chicken into crock-pot, low setting turned on.
- In a separate bowl mix the pineapple tidbits, juice from the tidbits, dijon mustard, low sodium soy sauce & garlic. Pour over chicken & cover.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is easy to shred.
**If you’re cooking with frozen vegetables I added them into the crock-pot for 10 minutes once the chicken was done. Make sure to mix them well so that they all get a little of the liquid on them!