I have so many delicious new recipes to share with you all. I have been slacking on my blog duties, typical, but i’m back! I have 5 new recipes to share with ya’ll. Who knows when i’ll get them all written & posted, but I’m hoping by the end of this week they’ll all be up. They are just too darn delicious to not share!
Life has been good though. Real good. Headed to the beautiful Stone Harbor, NJ beach this weekend which I am VERY excited about. I was sadly only able to get to the beach once this year & it was too chilly to even go onto the beach. Depressing, I know. I’m only 2 hours away from the beach there is no excuse for this behavior. So this weekend I vow to get sand in my hair, breath salty air through my lungs, soak in that Vitamin D & sip wine. Wine on wine on wine! I cannot wait!
The recipe that I’m going to share with you all tonight is called “No-Cream Cream of Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrot Soup.” I found a “No-Cream Cream of Broccoli Soup” recipe in the September 2015 issue of Everyday w/ Rachel Ray magazine & knew right away that I had to try it. Not only do I LOVE broccoli soups, but I love soups that I get to put into the blender. It blends all the flavors so so well & heck, makes it so much easier to slurp up! The cannelli beans give it a creamy texture without the cream, which is a win in my book. I mean I LOVE cream don’t get me wrong, but I also love where I can make things healthier without really changing the taste, you know? Now my soup wasn’t SUPER creamy, but it was SUPER fresh tasting & such lovely flavors all blended together as one. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
No-Cream Cream of Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrot Soup
Prep: 20 Min Cook Time: 55 Min
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 LB Fresh Broccoli, Stems Cut-Off & Cut into Chunks
- 1LB Fresh Cauliflower, Stems Cut-Off & Cut into Chunks
- 1/2 C Carrots, Diced
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 3 Leeks, White Part Only, Diced
- 5 C Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Cans Cannelli Beans (15 OZ Each), Rinsed
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese, Extra for Topping
- 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
- Dice shallot & white parts of the 3 leeks. Set aside & begin cutting up rinsed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots.
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced shallots & leeks to pot & cook through for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once shallots & leeks are cooked through add the chicken broth & cannelli beans. Bring to a simmer & begin adding broccoli, cauliflower & carrots. Allow to simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a blender begin pureeing soup in batches. Return pureed soup to pot & continue to heat on medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, cheddar cheese & parmesan cheese. Heat for approximately 10 more minutes until soup is heated through and flavors are blended.
- Spoon into bowls & top with a little extra cheddar cheese. ENJOY!