Casseroles have been my boyfriend and I’s friend these past 2 weeks. They’re really easy to make and the outcome is almost always a pan full of deliciousness.
Last weekend we put soup Sunday’s on a hold & opted for a more comforting dish, like a casserole. At Thanksgiving I had this delicious broccoli casserole topped with Ritz crackers. It was heaven. I searched for a recipe similar to that but with chicken & rice. I wanted a chicken & rice casserole that reminded me of that amazing broccoli casserole with the salty Ritz crackers on top.
I found a recipe for a broccoli, rice & chicken casserole that I decided looked, one, amazing & two, possibly close to what I had at Thanksgiving. I decided to add cauliflower to the recipe because I love broccoli & cauliflower together & because why not?
It’s really quick to get together & cooks in around 45 minutes which makes it a great weeknight meal or any night really!
Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 40-45 Minutes
- 5 Chicken Tenderloins, Cubed
- 2 C Fresh Broccoli, Chopped
- 1 C Fresh Cauliflower, Chopped
- 1 C White Rice
- 2 C Cheddar Cheese
- 1 C Cream of Broccoli
- 2 1/2 C Low-Fat Milk
- Salt/Pepper, Sprinkle of Both
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers, Smashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, cube chicken tenderloins & place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Chop 2 cups of broccoli & 1 cup of cauliflower into bite sized pieces & add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl with the exception of the crumbled ritz crackers. Mix until well combined.
- Pour ingredients into a greased 9×13 baking pan & make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Top mixture with crumbled ritz crackers & place in the oven.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until rice & chicken are cooked.
- Eat immediately & enjoy!