The first time I had a similar breakfast casserole to the one I am going to post, I swear, it was life changing. I love almost everything breakfast. I say almost everything because I have a deep hatred towards bacon. I’ve been called “terrorist” before because it’s true, who hates bacon? Well I do. Something about the texture and the appearance – I just cannot do it. The smell too. Makes me want to vom.
Back to the topic at hand. This breakfast casserole is legit. There are so many different things you can do with this recipe. You could throw any sort of meat in it that you want – sausage, ham… bacon or even veggies! We decided on broccoli for our casserole & it was so yummy. Just swap out the broccoli in the recipe for whatever you’d like – spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, meat – you name it, i’m sure it would be just as delicious!
Also, this recipe is super easy to make. If you have a half hour of time you’re pretty much set. Prep is pretty quick & it only takes about 20-25 minutes to bake in the oven. Easy-peasy! You could even prepare it the night before if you’re pressed for time & bake it the next day! It’s so great. Enjoy!
Broccoli, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Bake Time: 20-25 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray & line with crescent rolls. Gently press the crescent roll pieces together so they cover the bottom evenly.
- While oven is preheating steam the broccoli so it turns bright green. You can do this over the oven or in the microwave, whatever is easiest for you! Once broccoli is steamed set aside & allow any moisture to drain from the broccoli.
- In a medium bowl add eggs & milk & beat until combined. Set aside.
- Layer the broccoli on top of the crescent roll crust as evenly as possible. Next sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese & broccoli. Allow to spread out & sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place into the preheated oven & bake for 20-25 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden & eggs are cooked.
- Allow to cool & set slightly before serving & enjoy!
I have so many delicious new recipes to share with you all. I have been slacking on my blog duties, typical, but i’m back! I have 5 new recipes to share with ya’ll. Who knows when i’ll get them all written & posted, but I’m hoping by the end of this week they’ll all be up. They are just too darn delicious to not share!
Life has been good though. Real good. Headed to the beautiful Stone Harbor, NJ beach this weekend which I am VERY excited about. I was sadly only able to get to the beach once this year & it was too chilly to even go onto the beach. Depressing, I know. I’m only 2 hours away from the beach there is no excuse for this behavior. So this weekend I vow to get sand in my hair, breath salty air through my lungs, soak in that Vitamin D & sip wine. Wine on wine on wine! I cannot wait!
The recipe that I’m going to share with you all tonight is called “No-Cream Cream of Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrot Soup.” I found a “No-Cream Cream of Broccoli Soup” recipe in the September 2015 issue of Everyday w/ Rachel Ray magazine & knew right away that I had to try it. Not only do I LOVE broccoli soups, but I love soups that I get to put into the blender. It blends all the flavors so so well & heck, makes it so much easier to slurp up! The cannelli beans give it a creamy texture without the cream, which is a win in my book. I mean I LOVE cream don’t get me wrong, but I also love where I can make things healthier without really changing the taste, you know? Now my soup wasn’t SUPER creamy, but it was SUPER fresh tasting & such lovely flavors all blended together as one. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
No-Cream Cream of Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrot Soup
Prep: 20 Min Cook Time: 55 Min
- Dice shallot & white parts of the 3 leeks. Set aside & begin cutting up rinsed broccoli, cauliflower & carrots.
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced shallots & leeks to pot & cook through for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once shallots & leeks are cooked through add the chicken broth & cannelli beans. Bring to a simmer & begin adding broccoli, cauliflower & carrots. Allow to simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a blender begin pureeing soup in batches. Return pureed soup to pot & continue to heat on medium heat.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, cheddar cheese & parmesan cheese. Heat for approximately 10 more minutes until soup is heated through and flavors are blended.
- Spoon into bowls & top with a little extra cheddar cheese. ENJOY!