Crock-pots are a huge love of mine. I mean, how can you not love your crock-pot!? It works magic while you’re at work or bumming around. It’s one of the best darn inventions ever. This weekend was a lazy one, but needed. Time to unwind and relax, be it all weekend, or for a few hours, is very necessary. It’s time to find yourself again in this busy chaotic world.
Saturday the boy & I decided to sleep-in, hang out & play video games all day. What better time to whip out the crock-pot. We wanted something tasty, but not SUPER terrible for us. Both of us are “trying” to watch what we eat & by trying I mean not really, but we like the idea of it.
We found this recipe on pinterest from Skinny Mom called, Skinny Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken. The fact that it had “Skinny” in the recipe title sold us, although I don’t know how “skinny” it is for you, but hey, why not! We both were SO happy that we made this. It was legit so dang delicious. I had 2 servings which instantly makes it not skinny anymore, but seriously, it was that good! We added a bunch of vegetables into the recipe & I am so happy we did. It gave it a good crunch & change in texture. Loved it.
So if you’re looking for an easy recipe, something creamy, and oh so delicious, this is the recipe for you! Enjoy!
Crock-Pot Cream of Chicken & Vegetables
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 4 Hours & 15 Min
Servings: Approximately 6
- 1.5 LBS Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Packet of Garlic & Herb Dry Dressing Mix, .75 OZ
- 1 C Water
- Salt & Pepper, to Taste
- ½ Sweet Onion
- 1 ¼ C Fresh Broccoli, Cut into Bite Sized Pieces
- 1 ¼ C Fresh Cauliflower, Cut into Bite Sized Pieces
- 1 C Shredded Carrots
- 1 Can (10.5 OZ) Campbell’s Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 Ounces Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, Cubed
- Trim any fat off of chicken breasts. Sprinkle a little salt/pepper onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place into crock-pot.
- Combine 1 cup water & garlic & herb dressing mix into a small bowl until dissolved. Pour over chicken in crock-pot.
- Dice ½ sweet onion & place in crock-pot with chicken.
- Turn crock-pot on high. Allow chicken to cook for approximately 3-4 hours until chicken is tender & shreds easily.
- While chicken is cooking, begin prepping broccoli, cauliflower & carrots. Set in fridge until chicken is done.
- Once chicken easily shreds, add the cubed cream cheese & condensed cream of chicken soup to crock-pot stirring until combined.
- Add cut up vegetables & mix. Allow to cook for an additional 30-40 minutes on high until heated through. ENJOY!
- Serve atop a rice mixture or simply enjoy by itself!